St Giles Church Sheldon Open Day
St Giles Church Sheldon is a Grade II* listed building serving the suburb of Sheldon. It is a pretty red sandstone church, mostly 14th Century, including its impressive timber roof, with some Victorian restoration. The tower dates from 1461.
Toilets, including disabled toilet, are available in the Church Hall. The Main Car Park is behind the Church Hall.
Church Cafe is available from 1.00pm – 3.00pm in the Church Hall – School Room. Teas and coffees will be available in church.
How to get there. 72 bus from Solihull / Chelmsley Wood stops outside. Nearest train station Marston Green and then 72 bus towards Solihull.
St Giles is one of Birmingham’s four medieval churches. Other medieval churches are St Nicolas (Kings Norton), St Edburgha’s (Yardley) and St Lawrence (Northfield). All four medieval churches can be visited during Birmingham Heritage Week.
Organised by St Giles Church Open Committee
Date & Time
Sat 9 Sept | 10am–4pm
St Giles Church, 149 Church Road, Sheldon, B26 3TT
Booking not required
The Nave and North Aisle are accessible, the Chancel has one step. Accessible toilet.