St Francis C of E Church
Bournville Parish Church, which is dedicated to St Francis of Assisi, is a place of calm and beauty beloved by local worshippers.
George Cadbury always intended there to be an Anglican church as part of his ‘garden village’. The land was set aside for a Church and Church Hall by Bournville Village Trust in 1905. The Hall was built in 1913 and the completed church was consecrated in 1925. The architect, William Alexander Harvey, designed the church in the early Christian basilica style. He created a robust and open space, filled with light, which is simple but not plain.
The Church will be open for visitors to view a wealth of interesting architectural features and there will be a variety of musicians playing throughout the day.
Small car park with 8 spaces, including 1 disabled space. Additional shoppers’ car park beside/ behind the community centre and parking on surrounding roads.
There is ramped access on the south side of the church.
This event is part of Bournville Heritage Open Day on Sat 9 Sept with a chance to visit a wide array of fantastic historic sites in Bournville, the garden village created by George Cadbury.
This event is part of Bournville Heritage Open Day. Many other historic sites in the wider Bournville area open their doors on Sat 9 Sept. For a full list of events in Bournville, click here.
Organised by Bournville Village Trust
Date & Time
Sat 9 Sept | 10am–4pm
St Francis Church, Linden Road, Bournville, B30 1JY
Booking not required
Part Access (building).