Spring Hill College at Moseley School and Sixth Form
Mid Victorian Gothic style building opened in 1857 as a training college for non-conformist clergy then building and grounds became Moseley Botanic Gardens and Hydropathic Baths before becoming training barracks in 1914/15 for Third Birmingham Pals and training unit for disabled WWI servicemen wanting to go into teaching. The site became a school in 1923 and remains part of a large comprehensive school today.
The building is part of a working school but many interesting internal and external features of the original building have been retained and restored as part of restoration work in the 1990s.
The Open Day on 16 September 2023 coincides with the Centenary of Moseley School opening on this site in September 1923. Additional entertainment, side shows and food stalls being organised for the day.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Limited tour of ground floor only.
Organised by Moseley School and Sixth Form
Date & TimeSat 16 Sept | 11am–4pm
Moseley School, Wake Green Road, Moseley, B13 9UU
Booking not required
AccessControlled access to tower via spiral stairs and upper floors via staircases not suitable for those with mobility difficulty.