Church of the Ascension Hall Green
A chance to have a look around this beautiful Church consecrated in 1704 as Job Marston’s Chapel, and a place of Christian worship to this day. The building is the only Church in Birmingham completed during Queen Anne’s Reign and is a good example of the Queen Anne style. It was probably designed by Sir William Wilson, or at least influenced by him. The transepts and chancel were seamlessly added in the 1860s to give the building its cruciform shape.
Friendly volunteers will be on hand to show you around and refreshments (tea, coffee, squash, biscuits) will be available in the adjacent hall for a modest cost.
The small on-site car park – accessed from School Road – can be full during events but there is plenty of on street parking and good level access from both School Road and Fox Hollies Road.
There will be booklets about the history of the church available to buy at £3 each.
Organised by Church of the Ascension
Date & Time
Sat 16 Sept | 11am–3pm
Church of the Ascension, 93B School Road, Hall Green, B28 8JQ
Booking not required
AccessThe Church itself has largely level access and a small ramp can be used if needed to give wheelchair access to the altar. There is a gallery which is accessed by stairs and, therefore, inaccessible to wheelchairs. Accessible toilet available in an adjacent building.