St Francis C of E Church
St Francis Church stands at the heart of the Bournville Village, designed in the early Christian basilica style and consecrated in 1925.
Bournville Parish Church, which is dedicated to St Francis of Assisi, is a place of calm and beauty beloved by local worshippers.
George Cadbury always intended there to be a Anglican church as part of his ‘garden village’. Land was set aside for a Church and Church Hall by Bournville Village Trust in 1905. The Hall was built in 1913 and the completed Church was consecrated in 1925. The architect, William Alexander Harvey, designed the church on the early Christian basilica style. He created a robust and open space, filled with light, which is simple but not plain.
The Church will be open for visitors to view a wealth of interesting architectural features.
Date & Time
Sat 11 Sept | 11am–3pm
St Francis Church, Linden Road, Bournville, B30 1JY
Booking not required
Small car park with 8 spaces, including 1 disabled space. Additional shoppers’ car park beside/ behind the community centre and parking on surrounding roads. There is ramped access on the south side of the church and a disabled toilet in the community centre.